Informed by Chrysler dealer that I need a new engine

KRAVEN71
  • 2007 CHRYSLER ASPEN

I have a 2007 Chrysler Aspen with approximate 160000 miles on it. I was inform by a Chrysler dealer that I need a engine due to oil build up sludge and grime. Do I need to replace the engine

Tuesday, May 8th, 2012 AT 2:41 AM

Is it still running well? Is it knocking or ticking? Have you changed the oil on a regular basis? You know they make engine cleaners that are added to the motor oil and there are ways to clean it out. If it still is running okay, why replace it?

Tuesday, May 8th, 2012 AT 2:47 AM
KRAVEN71

When I took it to the dealer the oil light and engine lights was on. The called me today to inform me that I needed to replace the engine, due to the sludge build up and something about if they change the pump, cleaned the block or replace the block it would cost more then to buy an engine. Need help

Tuesday, May 8th, 2012 AT 3:28 AM
ASEMASTER6371

With 160k, I think they are right. Check around for prices as the dealer is not the best place to get the best price.

Tuesday, May 8th, 2012 AT 3:33 AM
KRAVEN71

Roy they quoted me 6200 for a refurbished engine with 3 year warranty or 100000 miles

Tuesday, May 8th, 2012 AT 3:42 AM
ASEMASTER6371

Way overpriced. Check with other repair shops for a quote with a jasper or ATK motor. They have similar warranty's for a lot less money

Tuesday, May 8th, 2012 AT 3:45 AM

Listen, your oil light was on. Did you hear any ticking or knocking from the engine? Has anyone tried to run an engine cleaner in it? It will cost about 5 dollars.

Tuesday, May 8th, 2012 AT 3:57 AM
KRAVEN71

What should be the average price including labor, it so hard to find a good mechanic in the Burlington /chesterfield nj area that would fix and bring your cars/truck back to standards any suggestions

Tuesday, May 8th, 2012 AT 3:57 AM

The problem is, I don't know for sure what is wrong with your engine. Can you tell me if there was any knocking or ticking from the engine when you took it in?

Tuesday, May 8th, 2012 AT 4:02 AM
KRAVEN71

Jacob the truck was running rough once the oil and engine light came on my wife was driving. Neither one of us know a damn thing about a car/truck. The week prior to we had the truck service with an oil change, new tires, overall check. So my wife thought maybe they did not do something right with the oil change. So I took the truck back on sat pass

Tuesday, May 8th, 2012 AT 4:03 AM
KRAVEN71

There was like pull of roughness however once over 50 the truck drove normal

Tuesday, May 8th, 2012 AT 4:06 AM