INFORMED BY DEALER THAT I NEED A NEW ENGINE

2007 Chrysler Aspen

Kraven71

May, 8, 2012 AT 2:41 AM

I have a 2007 Chrysler Aspen with approximate 160000 miles on it. I was inform by a Chrysler dealer that I need a engine due to oil build up sludge and grime. Do I need to replace the engine

Jacobandnickolas

May, 8, 2012 AT 2:47 AM

Is it still running well? Is it knocking or ticking? Have you changed the oil on a regular basis? You know they make engine cleaners that are added to the motor oil and there are ways to clean it out. If it still is running okay, why replace it?

Kraven71

May, 8, 2012 AT 3:28 AM

When I took it to the dealer the oil light and engine lights was on. The called me today to inform me that I needed to replace the engine, due to the sludge build up and something about if they change the pump, cleaned the block or replace the block it would cost more then to buy an engine. Need help

May, 8, 2012 AT 3:33 AM

With 160k, I think they are right. Check around for prices as the dealer is not the best place to get the best price.

Kraven71

May, 8, 2012 AT 3:42 AM

Roy they quoted me 6200 for a refurbished engine with 3 year warranty or 100000 miles

May, 8, 2012 AT 3:45 AM

Way overpriced. Check with other repair shops for a quote with a jasper or ATK motor. They have similar warranty's for a lot less money

Jacobandnickolas

May, 8, 2012 AT 3:57 AM

Listen, your oil light was on. Did you hear any ticking or knocking from the engine? Has anyone tried to run an engine cleaner in it? It will cost about 5 dollars.

Kraven71

May, 8, 2012 AT 3:57 AM

What should be the average price including labor, it so hard to find a good mechanic in the Burlington /chesterfield nj area that would fix and bring your cars/truck back to standards any suggestions

Jacobandnickolas

May, 8, 2012 AT 4:02 AM

The problem is, I don't know for sure what is wrong with your engine. Can you tell me if there was any knocking or ticking from the engine when you took it in?

Kraven71

May, 8, 2012 AT 4:03 AM

Jacob the truck was running rough once the oil and engine light came on my wife was driving. Neither one of us know a damn thing about a car/truck. The week prior to we had the truck service with an oil change, new tires, overall check. So my wife thought maybe they did not do something right with the oil change. So I took the truck back on sat pass

Kraven71

May, 8, 2012 AT 4:06 AM

There was like pull of roughness however once over 50 the truck drove normal

Engine Class - Autoshop 101
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Tahoe
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour
Air Filter Replacement