CLICKING IN STEERING WHEEL

2001 Dodge Ram

madman192

August, 15, 2012 AT 2:56 AM

When on and sitting still in the truck you hear a clicking by the steering wheel under the hood and can feel it in the steering wheel also when turning the wheel while driving, it makes a creaking sound and you can feel it in the steering wheel also. I have found what seems to be oil leaking from by the joint for the 4wd on the passangers front side.

August, 15, 2012 AT 2:59 AM

Steering wheel under the hood? Please explain and be more specific where the noise is.

When was the last time you had the vehicle greased?

madman192

August, 15, 2012 AT 3:02 AM

It actually had an expert wax and greese down I think. Also I would they clicking comes from about a foot after the steering rod comes out of the fire wall.

madman192

August, 15, 2012 AT 3:11 AM

When you are sitting there with the truck on it sounds like a clicking and when you turn it jolts wihle clicking and the clicking is not the same all the time.

August, 15, 2012 AT 12:27 PM

There is a u joint in the steering shaft that may be failing. Have it checked to confirm.

Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro
Power Steering Fluid Change Kia Sportage