CLICKING IN STEERING WHEEL

• madman192
  • 2001 Dodge Ram

When on and sitting still in the truck you hear a clicking by the steering wheel under the hood and can feel it in the steering wheel also when turning the wheel while driving, it makes a creaking sound and you can feel it in the steering wheel also. I have found what seems to be oil leaking from by the joint for the 4wd on the passangers front side.

Wednesday, August 15th, 2012 AT 2:56 AM

• ASEMaster6371

Steering wheel under the hood? Please explain and be more specific where the noise is.

When was the last time you had the vehicle greased?

Wednesday, August 15th, 2012 AT 2:59 AM
  • madman192

It actually had an expert wax and greese down I think. Also I would they clicking comes from about a foot after the steering rod comes out of the fire wall.

Wednesday, August 15th, 2012 AT 3:02 AM
  • madman192

When you are sitting there with the truck on it sounds like a clicking and when you turn it jolts wihle clicking and the clicking is not the same all the time.

Wednesday, August 15th, 2012 AT 3:11 AM
  • ASEMaster6371

There is a u joint in the steering shaft that may be failing. Have it checked to confirm.

Wednesday, August 15th, 2012 AT 12:27 PM