SPEEDOMETER GOING BELOW ZERO

2001 Chrysler Town and Country

f.capelle

April, 11, 2012 AT 10:46 PM

What would cause my speedometer to go below zero and get stuck there?And how would I go about fixing the problem. Its a 2001 chrysler town and country Ltd. V-6 awd.

Every once and awhile the speedometer goes all the way past 120 mph and gets stuck below the zero mph pin.

saturntech9

April, 11, 2012 AT 11:20 PM

Do you have any codes in the computer?

f.capelle

April, 13, 2012 AT 4:47 PM

I checked for codes using a Car Md. No codes just a stuck speedometer.

saturntech9

April, 13, 2012 AT 5:32 PM

Something has to be sending a signal to drive the speed all the way up that high. Do you have any aftermarket parts installed inside the van like radio gps etc?

f.capelle

April, 13, 2012 AT 6:39 PM

Hmm I do have an auto start installed. Speedo has since reset itself. I just want that to stop happening, its very annoying.

saturntech9

April, 14, 2012 AT 1:30 AM

How long has it been doing this and how long have you owned the van?

f.capelle

April, 18, 2012 AT 3:03 AM

I bought it on Feb. 17 as is from a used car dealer, it started doing that 4 or 5 days after I bought it. I brought it in to the used car dealer so they could fix it but they told me they couldnt replicate the problem.

saturntech9

April, 18, 2012 AT 3:48 AM

It sounds like it could be whats called emi electro magnetic interfernce meaning a power feed wire is too close to signal wire. Look and see if you see any add on wires are running to close to the computer wires coming off the computer etc.

Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Coolant Temperature Sender Replacement
Window Switch Replacement and Test