2002 Chrysler Town and Country Erattic speedometer and down

DONNAJEAN
  • 2002 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY
When I am driving my car the speedometer will all of a sudden bounce up and down erattically and it will downshift from overdrive. I have not seen a mechanic yet but am planning on it soon. Should I take it to a transmission guy or a regular mechanic? It doesn't happen all the time but often enough. The transmisiion will jerk suddenly too. Any ideas? Thank you!
Monday, May 12th, 2008 AT 7:32 AM

OBXAUTOMEDIC
Is the check engine light on?

When was last tranny service?

Could possibly be the Input and/or Output Speed Sensors.

There is also a shift selenoid pack mounted on the front of the tranny.

I would reccomend taking it to a transmission shop.
Saturday, May 24th, 2008 AT 11:08 PM
DONNAJEAN
I did take it to my regular mechanic and he suggested a transmission guy. I had a couple of friends that knew about the sensors so I bought a repair manual and we were going to fix it. Well I was trying to locate the sensors and found them. I noticed that the output sensor seemed a bit loose, so I disconnected the electrical part and reconnected it. It seems to be fine now. It hasn't acted funny since. Haha so Hopefully I fixed it but I do plan on taking it to a transmission guy soon just to have it checked out! Thank you for your help!
Sunday, May 25th, 2008 AT 9:56 AM