Need to know what antifreeze is leaking from and how to fix it

MOLLYANN
  • 2001 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY
Antifreeze is pouring out as fast as I pour it in! It is coming from the passenger side, about center, higher up but only visible from below. Looks like a hose or right where a hose connects to something? Little to dark to see clearly. I know enough just to be dangerous but cant afford to take it in somewhere. Any ideas? Or do you know where I can find free pics of the cooling system so I can figure it out? Thanks!
Wednesday, October 12th, 2011 AT 12:07 AM

ASEMASTER6371
If you have rear heat, the lines that run to the rear are common for rotting out and leaking. It is a very involved job to replace the line set as they come as a set.

The other possibility is the water pump. It could have a bad seal and leaking from the weep hole.

Get a shop to verify it for you and give you a bid.

Wednesday, October 12th, 2011 AT 12:15 AM
MOLLYANN
I literally don't have the $ for a shop. Do you know of a website that has free pics so I can try to figure it out? Thanks
Wednesday, October 12th, 2011 AT 12:26 AM
ASEMASTER6371
I looked all around for any better pictures for you but all are generic and vague.

Like I said, it is involved as the lines are long and twisty and require a lot of removal to get them out and the new ones in.

Wish I could be more help but this is it. I will defer to my partners to see if there is any better pictures.

Maybe you can get someone to help you familiar with cars. Also, go to autozone and let them show you a picture of the lines so you can see what I mean

Thursday, October 13th, 2011 AT 1:15 AM
JAMILBRODT
Its prolly the water pump. It is sorta a job for someone that is not truely familiar with it. I would rather go to napa than autozone I only have good luck there with oil. If it does turn out to be water pump spend the lil extra cash at napa or you will be doing it again soon. (Sorry autozone)
Thursday, October 13th, 2011 AT 2:09 AM
ASEMASTER6371
You need the leak verified, no matter what. We all are guessing here based on experience.

Thursday, October 13th, 2011 AT 2:21 AM
JAMILBRODT
Yes your right. Get a mirror make sure everything is dry and start the van and look where it is coming from. Be careful of the belt.
Thursday, October 13th, 2011 AT 2:36 AM
ASEMASTER6371
Good luck

Thursday, October 13th, 2011 AT 3:12 AM