2003 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY COOLANT TANK LEAK

• djre49
  • 2003 Chrysler Town and Country

This may be a dumb question but I am an amateur when it comes to fixing cars. When the antifreeze gets near the top of the coolant tank, it leaks out. I suspect this is causing it to leak while driving, which as a result, is causing the engine to overheat every few weeks. What can I do?

Sunday, January 1st, 2012 AT 5:44 PM

• saturntech9

Is the engine overheating?If it isnt then you probably just have a bad coolant cap.

Sunday, January 1st, 2012 AT 5:59 PM
  • djre49

Yes it was. I just took another look at it and saw that coming out of the top of the coolant tank is what seems like an overflow tube that doesn't go to anything, just leaks out. Is it supposed to go to something?

Sunday, January 1st, 2012 AT 6:56 PM
  • saturntech9

Thats just a over flow tube that leaks if its overheating bad cap etc. So it was overheating when this happened?If so were the cooling fans on also?

Sunday, January 1st, 2012 AT 7:22 PM
  • djre49

It was overheating. I'm not sure about the cooling fans. I'm going to bring it into my mechanic tomorrow and see what he thinks. Thanks for the help.

Monday, January 2nd, 2012 AT 2:19 AM
  • saturntech9

Your welcome keep me posted.

Monday, January 2nd, 2012 AT 2:37 AM