COOLANT TANK LEAK

2003 Chrysler Town and Country

djre49

This may be a dumb question but I am an amateur when it comes to fixing cars. When the antifreeze gets near the top of the coolant tank, it leaks out. I suspect this is causing it to leak while driving, which as a result, is causing the engine to overheat every few weeks. What can I do?

saturntech9

Is the engine overheating?If it isnt then you probably just have a bad coolant cap.

djre49

Yes it was. I just took another look at it and saw that coming out of the top of the coolant tank is what seems like an overflow tube that doesn't go to anything, just leaks out. Is it supposed to go to something?

saturntech9

Thats just a over flow tube that leaks if its overheating bad cap etc. So it was overheating when this happened?If so were the cooling fans on also?

djre49

January, 2, 2012 AT 2:19 AM

It was overheating. I'm not sure about the cooling fans. I'm going to bring it into my mechanic tomorrow and see what he thinks. Thanks for the help.

saturntech9

January, 2, 2012 AT 2:37 AM

Your welcome keep me posted.

Coolant Drain and Refill
Radiator Coolant Drain and Refill Mini Cooper
Coolant Drain and Refill Scion XD
Radiator Fluid Flush and Fill Ford Explorer
Coolant Drain and Refill Chevrolet Tahoe
Coolant Drain and Refill Acura MDX