2001 Chevrolet Tahoe air condiontioning and heating

RANDY SHARP
  • 2001 CHEVROLET TAHOE
My problem is that I have a 2001 Chevy Tahoe.I just put some refrigerate in it because it was blowing warm air. Well now I have discovered that no matter what direction I place my temp gauge on hot or cold. It blows the same temp air that is outside if it is 40 degrees it blows that if it is 100 degrees it blows that. What do you think maybe cable off or selector is not engaging temp from cold to hot?
Thursday, June 27th, 2013 AT 3:48 PM

SEANGRANT00
Is the clutch engaging on the compressor? It could be the temperature selector but they rarely go out. Was it doing the same before the problem?
-2
Thursday, June 27th, 2013 AT 4:11 PM
RANDY SHARP
Yes the clutch is engaging, like I say on the temperature selector inside the truck no matter where you select it to it just blows out the temperature of the air it is that day or night.
Thursday, June 27th, 2013 AT 7:02 PM
SEANGRANT00
It sounds like it could be the air temperature door, I have added a image that is a diagnostic procedure for this. It could also be some other things but lets try this out first.

Let me know
Thursday, June 27th, 2013 AT 7:27 PM
RANDY SHARP
OK thanks for the help I won't be able to get to it till tomorrow. So I will let you know Thank You
Thursday, June 27th, 2013 AT 7:44 PM
RANDY SHARP
Let me add something the blower works fine and it is blowing out of all the vents and it will go from floor to top vents everything works it is that the selector temp control knob it is like were ever you turn it has no effect what so ever. Do you thing the temp knob selector is bad how do you check this?
Thursday, June 27th, 2013 AT 8:36 PM
SEANGRANT00
The images I added to the post earlier is the diagnostic for the knob.

Sean
Thursday, June 27th, 2013 AT 8:55 PM
RANDY SHARP
Yes sir I have another question I have looked at the air temp door and the cable everything seems to be fine. But I have a question where is the HVAC control assembly and or the heater control assembly are they both one unit and how do you test them, I am trying to fix this friends truck and I do not want to buy something not needed, I would appreciate all your help. Thank You
Friday, June 28th, 2013 AT 2:43 PM
SEANGRANT00
Is the A/C automatic or manual? Climate control)
Friday, June 28th, 2013 AT 3:01 PM
RANDY SHARP
I am really not sure how would I tell if it was automatic or manual?
Friday, June 28th, 2013 AT 6:55 PM
SEANGRANT00
On the temperature settings, is "auto" on it anywhere? Or just fan speeds?
Saturday, June 29th, 2013 AT 1:06 PM
RANDY SHARP
On the fan speeds it say's auto and also it say's auto on the right hand dial you know where you can adjust your air direction
Saturday, June 29th, 2013 AT 4:23 PM
SEANGRANT00
Do you have access to a scan tool? The easiest way to test these components would be with a scan tool.

Sean
Sunday, June 30th, 2013 AT 11:20 PM