2001 Chevy Tahoe Front AC works / rear blows hot air

E DURRANT
  • 2001 CHEVROLET TAHOE
Air Conditioning problem
2001 Chevy Tahoe V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic

A few weeks ago the rear ac quit working and blows only hot air. The front ac works just fine. I am told there is just one system?
Saturday, July 25th, 2009 AT 7:27 PM

MR_RWS
I've run into similar problems with an 03 where the climate control intermittently goes off the deepend or when the vehicle is powered down (battery replaced). Each time the dealer told me sounds like the HVAC needs to be recalibrated. That'll be $200. The last time they told me I needed to replace the actuator. That'll be $1200. That was enough for me.

After a bit of googling I found instructions on how to recalibrate the actuators. Try this and see if it works:

Actuator Recalibration

The HVAC control module will relearn the actuator limits whenever power is disconnected and re-connected to the module.

Use the following steps to perform the calibration update:

Turn OFF the ignition.
Remove the battery positive voltage circuit fuse of the HVAC Control Module.
Important: The scan tool must be disconnected from the vehicle to properly perform the calibration procedure. If a scan tool is connected before this procedure is completed, then new calibration values will not be stored.

Important: Failure to wait 60 seconds will not allow the HVAC control module sufficient time to clear the old calibration values.

Wait 60 seconds.
Install the fuse.
Turn ON the ignition.
Wait 60 seconds before installing a scan tool

Good luck
Mr_RWS
Sunday, August 9th, 2009 AT 8:11 AM
RICH_5
How did this do? Is it working now? My rear ac is working fine; cooling is normal. But, the front ac is blowing hot air. Help.
-2
Monday, September 5th, 2011 AT 12:41 AM