2001 CHEVROLET SILVERADO NEITHER ONE OF MY KEY FOBS WILL ACTIVATE THE POWER DOOR LOCKS

• concour98
  • 2001 Chevrolet Silverado

I had the heater core replaced on my 2001 Chevrolet silverado and now neither one of my key fobs will activate the power door locks, or horn. The dealer says it wasn't anthing that they did, but I never had a problem before the repair. The dealer wants to chare me to figure out the problem they created. Mykey fobs are useless since they replaced heatercore. Fobs are tested for signal output and working. Whats up?

Thursday, March 29th, 2012 AT 11:10 PM

• saturntech9

Try going over to the truck and hold the lock and unlock buttons down on the remote at the same time for 10 seconds see if that resets the remote. Let me know what you find.

Thursday, March 29th, 2012 AT 11:13 PM
  • concour98

I tried that before with both fobs and nothing. It is like the vehicle isn't getting the signal.

Thursday, March 29th, 2012 AT 11:39 PM
  • saturntech9

So you checked the fobs at the auto parts with a fob tester?If the fobs are good the next thing I would do is try programing the fobs but that would take a scan tool that the dealer would have.

Thursday, March 29th, 2012 AT 11:44 PM
  • concour98

I had it at the dealer and had this done along with other work today. They tested after replacing batteries on both fobs, and reprogrammed, but still would not work. I seriously think they screwed up something when they had the dash out for heatercore repacement. Is there a relay or fuse I should be checking. The activator function whe pressing buttons in vehicle so they work.

Thursday, March 29th, 2012 AT 11:57 PM
  • saturntech9

Does your power door locks work?So they tried programing the fobs with a tech2 scan tool?What did they say was wromg why the the fons were inop?

Friday, March 30th, 2012 AT 12:28 AM
  • concour98

They didn't know what was wrong and wouldn't do anything further unless I wanted them to check the entire system. Which I am to pay for, even though it wasn't a problem, until after they worked on it. If you come up with the answer I will gladly donate. It seems like they have no idea. I don't know what recieves the signal to send it to the actuators, but it aint doing it.

Friday, March 30th, 2012 AT 12:39 AM
  • ASEMaster6371

Just to add, there is a module behind the dash that controls the fobs. They may not have plugged it in when replacing.

I would pursue the service manager to help you with this. I am sure you dropped a big number on the heater core. Dont let it go, keep at them till they do something for you.

Friday, March 30th, 2012 AT 1:51 AM
  • concour98

Thanks Roy, I just spent over three thousand on various repairs at the dealer. Can't afford a new one.

Friday, March 30th, 2012 AT 1:56 AM
  • ASEMaster6371

I hear you. Keep after them.

Friday, March 30th, 2012 AT 2:13 AM
  • concour98

I created a pretty good scene today for what little good it did. I would figure in these though times customer satisfaction would be priority one. I guess not when you own every dealership in Wisconsin. John Bergstrom I guess I should have know better when they said my mothers car was toast 200,000 miles ago.

Friday, March 30th, 2012 AT 2:22 AM