Car has no go

JIMT
  • 2001 CHEVROLET IMPALA
Ok, 2001 impala, just bogs down when u try to accelerate takes 2 to 3 minutes to get to 40mph hooked up a diagnostic machine at a parts store. Indicated bad erg valve and secondary fan. Changed the valve and the fan along with a new fuel pump. Again its more like to much fuel as apposed to not enough. A 40 mile trip back and forth took a half tank of fuel. Also they took the car to WalMart and had a battery installed, the idjits there busted a vaccum line; but I found that and repaired it. Where do I go from here i'm pulling my hair out!
Sunday, December 5th, 2010 AT 7:56 PM

LEGITIMATE007
Have the throttle position sensor looked at, it may be no good, if your not getting any codes, and the transmission isnt throwing codes, it almost sounds like the vehicle isnt going into closed loop, which indicates bad o2 sensor(s) or engine coolant temp sensor
Sunday, December 5th, 2010 AT 8:03 PM
JIMT
Would that cause the car to actually bog down like its flooding out?
Sunday, December 5th, 2010 AT 8:14 PM
LEGITIMATE007
Yes that it would do it.
Sunday, December 5th, 2010 AT 8:53 PM