Vacuum hose

RRMAGG06
  • 2001 CHEVROLET BLAZER
There is a vacuum hose coming from the manual transmission area into the engine compartment that is loose. I cannot find where it's supposed to go to. Can you please help me.
Sunday, May 3rd, 2015 AT 8:14 AM

Knowing a whole bunch more about jeep cjs than yours

Are you sure it's not a "vent" for one of the drive train components (it might even have a plastic-like cap over the loose end where fresh air can enter?

Other than that

I did go into "prodemand"

I found "only" 2 vacuum diagrams that showed up for a 4.3l

They are at the bottom

The medic
+2
Monday, June 3rd, 2019 AT 6:20 PM
MOOSE1752003
  • 2000 CHEVROLET BLAZER
Hi, I need to replace all vacuum lines on my blazer due to age and deterioration. I would appreciate it if you could supply me with a routing diagram for vacuum lines as I've had to remove and plug a couple of the the lines and am now not sure of the routing. Thank you, Mark
Tuesday, May 26th, 2020 AT 11:45 AM (Merged)
Here are the vacuum diagrams our manuals show. If you done see what you need here you may want to try the dealer
+2
KEV MEEHAN
  • 2000 CHEVROLET BLAZER
I took off the plastic trim in the back of my blazer to tuck the carpet under the trim as it's supposed to be and I noticed a few wire harness connecter's and one vacumm line that was disconnected. Seeing as how the truck never gave me any problems what could this be?
WRENCHTECH
There are no vacuum lines back there. You are probably seeing the hose for the rear window washer.
+1
TONYB63
  • 1999 CHEVROLET BLAZER
I know this problem may have been addressed before but I have never seen it exactly stated as I am going to explain my problems in full detail so I can hopefully get the problem addressed I need a vacuum diagram
CHEVYII
Hi,

i am going to try and make this easy, all of the parts you had listed could be failed and I could probably give you a dozen more, start simple, don't replace parts that aren't known bad. My suggestion would be to borrow a fuel pressure gauge and check the pressure on prime, it should be 55-62 psi and hold, if you have the correct pressure and it bleeds down withing 10-15 minutes it may be a regulator which is located under the upper intake in the rear and mounted to the metering body by one c clip, now if the pressure is low it may be a fuel pump, but check the pressure first, and let us know after this part is done and we will work on anything else after.

Jim
TONYB63
Jim,

2 things.

1. About 2 years ago, I replaced the fuel pump. I also replaced the fuel filter which was insanely clogged which is why I am assuming is why the fuel pump failed in the first place.

In addition, the fuel pump makes the sound for 2 seconds as soon as I turn the key forward before starting the engine so I know its at least pumping fuel to the engine. When I replaced the fuel pump, the engine ran fine but then it slowly started getting harder and harder to start until it stopped starting and I have to dump gas in the throttle body before I crank it to start it. I will check the fuel pressure this week or this weekend.

2.I do not understand where you are telling me the "fuel pressure regulator" is located. Do i need to remove the "intake manifold" to get to the fuel pressure regulator? Is it actually mounted on the fuel rail? Are there any pics or diagrams you could show me or direct me to so i can see exactly where the regulator is located?

I found this image online on another website. Is this fuel pressure regulator (92 thru 95 4.3 Vortec) in the same place as mine (1999 Vortec) located under the intake manifold?

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/112705_IM000109_1.jpg

CHEVYII
I can't find a picture, but yes the upper intake has to come off, once it is off the regulator is back by the distributor.
KASEKENNY1
After reviewing all this info, I am pretty confident that the issue is fuel related. We just need to limit down the possible causes. The regulator could definitely be the issue and needs to be tested. I attached the process to replace and disassemble the regulator but more importantly is the testing of the fuel system.

We need to completely run through this test and identify the issue in the fuel system. I would highly suggest this is done prior to removing the intake manifold to replace the regulator.

As stated you should have above 60 PSI when you turn the key on and if you don't then that confirms it is a pressure issue then it is a matter of identifying the cause. Don't get caught in the trap of having replaced the pump or any other part in the recent past. Unfortunately we get faulty parts out of the box. We have all been burned by that so if it has been a few years, it could have definitely failed.

I think it is clear that you and others suspect this is a fuel issue so the only way to track this down is run through this material. Please report back and we can go from there. Thanks
CLOVER12
  • 1997 CHEVROLET BLAZER
I need a vacuum diagram from the transfer case forward
SERVICE WRITER

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/30961_vac_1.jpg

-1
CLOVER12
I need to know where the vacuum lines go from the transfer case one I know goes to the actuator and one to the canister on the hood where does the third one go to
+10
LLHOCH
  • 1997 CHEVROLET BLAZER
Heater problem
1997 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic

I can not figure out where the vacuum hose that runs
the door in the heater system to trip from defrost to
panel vents. I was checking the vacuum hose under the hood and the hose came off from somewhere and I
have looked and looked but can not find a place to connect hose
SWILLIAMS
Do you mean you have a loose vacuum line under the hood and are looking for it's connection? If yes post the location where it comes out of the fire wall and I'll look it up. I've got a 97 myself, but there are a few lines under there.
+3
JETSA
It is probably a leak in the vacuum system to the vacuum cannister. The cannister's job is to hold excess vacuum for heavy acceleration-type conditions, so that the ac will have enough vacuum to keep the air blowing in the desired place. Heavy acceleration takes away engine vacuum.
ALEXPARR63
  • 1995 CHEVROLET BLAZER
Air Conditioning problem
1995 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 175k miles

I just recently got my a/c fixed and it will do fine on bi lev a/c. But when u try normal or max a/c while driving or when engine revs the air gets sucked into the defrost or floor. My grandpa being a mechanic says it may be a vacuum hose or regulator? Haven't had time to look at it yet though. The blazer is lifted on 35s if that may have something to do with it. Maybe y'all will know what's going on because I'm not sure. Thanks
BLUELIGHTNIN6
Normally caused by a broken or loose vacuum connection. Will have to remove instrument panel to get behind dash and check out the vacuum hoses of the HVAC system.
Tuesday, May 26th, 2020 AT 11:46 AM (Merged)
95BLAZERRICH
  • 1995 CHEVROLET BLAZER
I have a 95 chevy blazer 4.3 engine code W I have replaced the fuel pump, the cat, and the muffler I have checked for vacuum leaks and done a smke test on the vacuum hoses. The truck losses all vacuum under accelleration. With a vacuum gauge it has 24 inches of vacuum at idle and under a load going up a hill it will drop to 5 inches. I do not know were else to look for this problem can you help please. Thank you Richard Mitchell
Check the exhaust system for an excessive backpressure-could be a problem with the catalytic converter
+2

Sponsored links