WHEN SHIFTING FROM FIRST TO SECOND TO THIRD ...

2001 Buick Park Avenue

rasturgill

November, 8, 2012 AT 9:39 PM

When shifting from first to second to third gears, there is a slight hesitation similar to a slight stumble. Is this an indications of future transmission problems? If so, can any repair be done to prevent further transmission problems? Is it safe to continue to drive? The transmission oil, filter and gasket were replaced at 110,000 miles and this problem started soon after that. I took my car to an automotive repair shop they tested it by driving and they said air was leaking in to the transmission fluid by the presence of tiny air bubbles in the transmission fluid. This repair shop then replaced the transmission fluid, filter and gasket again. They stated that the filter which was replaced by the other technicians was not properly seated. Since this second repair, I have driven about 3,000 miles and it is beginning to do the same hesitation and stumble again. Otherwise, my car is in excellent condition. The interior and exterior are like new.

mhpautos

November, 9, 2012 AT 12:26 AM

There are a number of tests that can be done to determine the cause of this problem, you should get the transmission checked over by a qualified transmission repair workshop, most general mechanics can do the fundamental services and some basic tests, but I feel that this need to be invistagated by a specialist who will have the specialist testing equipment needed, I would be getting it done sooner than later as internal problems with transmissions can escalate and increase the repair costs quickly.

Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz