WONT COME OUT OF PARK

1999 Buick Park Avenue

jellyjar

January, 26, 2009 AT 9:08 AM

1999 Buick Park Avenue 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 156500 miles

my 1999 buick park ave starts but wont come out of park. If I turn the engine off and turn the ignition switch forward without starting it, it will come out of park and then I start it in neutral and it will drive ok. Is it a neutral safety switch prob or ignition switch problem or an interlock switch prob and are any of these controlled by a fuse

Docfixit

January, 26, 2009 AT 11:29 AM

Assume brake is depressed. If yes then need adjustment to Brake Trans Shift Interlock (BTSI). Adjuster on trans axle and solenoid.

jellyjar

Is the part on the transaxle or the steering column? I got many answers about the part when asking around and really began to get confused. Some are calling it the brake interlock others call it the shift interlock but when asking for the part at the buick place they mentioned the actual name and part no 26097679 ACTUATOR A/TRN, I found a picture but don't know if this is the part or not.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/307984_pieces1_1.jpg

Docfixit

January, 27, 2009 AT 7:57 AM

Thats it located on transaxle where shifter is.

Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Transmission Speed Sensor Replacement Honda
Transmission Turbine Sensor Replacement