1999 Buick Park Avenue wont come out of park

JELLYJAR
  • 1999 BUICK PARK AVENUE

1999 Buick Park Avenue 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 156500 miles

my 1999 buick park ave starts but wont come out of park. If I turn the engine off and turn the ignition switch forward without starting it, it will come out of park and then I start it in neutral and it will drive ok. Is it a neutral safety switch prob or ignition switch problem or an interlock switch prob and are any of these controlled by a fuse

Monday, January 26th, 2009 AT 9:08 AM

DOCFIXIT

Assume brake is depressed. If yes then need adjustment to Brake Trans Shift Interlock (BTSI). Adjuster on trans axle and solenoid.

Monday, January 26th, 2009 AT 11:29 AM
JELLYJAR

Is the part on the transaxle or the steering column? I got many answers about the part when asking around and really began to get confused. Some are calling it the brake interlock others call it the shift interlock but when asking for the part at the buick place they mentioned the actual name and part no 26097679 ACTUATOR A/TRN, I found a picture but don't know if this is the part or not.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/307984_pieces1_1.jpg

Monday, January 26th, 2009 AT 5:26 PM
DOCFIXIT

Thats it located on transaxle where shifter is.

-1
Tuesday, January 27th, 2009 AT 7:57 AM