1. Remove instrument panel and/or glove box components. See INSTRUMENT PANEL .
2. Remove A/C cooling unit (if equipped). See appropriate MANUAL A/C HEATER SYSTEMS article. Drain cooling system. Disconnect hoses from heater core. Remove grommets from hoses. Remove
instrument panel (if required).
3. Disconnect control cables from heater assembly. Remove defroster nozzle and heater duct. Remove heater unit. See Fig. 8 , Fig. 9 , Fig. 10 or Fig. 11 . Remove screws, clamps and heater core. To install,
NOTE: Instrument panel removal and installation procedure may vary slightly depending upon model application.
Removal & Installation
1. Disable air bag system. See AIR BAG SYSTEM SAFETY article in GENERAL SERVICING. Disconnect negative battery cable. Remove front pillar trim, front door scuff plate and cowl side trim. Remove
steering wheel and steering column cover. Remove passenger's side air bag module.
2. Remove right and left side lower panels, lower center cover and glove box door. Remove hood lock release lever. Remove combination switch. Remove upper and lower center cluster panels (center console box,
if equipped). Remove instrument cluster panel and instrument cluster.
3. Remove instrument panel vents and heater ducts. Remove glove box door reinforcement and instrument panel braces. Disconnect any harness connectors necessary for instrument panel removal.
4. Remove bolts at instrument cluster opening. Disengage instrument panel from clips along top edge of panel. To install, reverse removal procedure.