Stating problem

KASTRATTON
  • 2000 PLYMOUTH BREEZE
2000 plymouth breeze won't start. There are several clicking noises and blinking lights but engine doesn't turn over. 2.4l engine.
Sunday, August 14th, 2011 AT 1:11 PM

SATURNTECH9
Have you had the battery tested and made sure the battery cables are clean and tight?Also do you have a multimeter to do some testing?
Sunday, August 14th, 2011 AT 2:28 PM
KASTRATTON
I had the battery checked and it appears cables are clean and tight. I also just replaced the starter I don't have a meter and not sure how to use 1.
Monday, August 15th, 2011 AT 12:21 AM
SATURNTECH9
Not being able to use a multimeter or having one is going to be difficult to trouble shoot it. Do you have a test light and know how to use one?So the battery tested good?So whats clicking and whats blinking?
Monday, August 15th, 2011 AT 12:36 AM
KASTRATTON
I can get one, isn't it for checking continuity? I put 1 in the hot and 1 in the negative and if it lights up I have a curcuit? I can also get a multi-meter if needed. I can also get an auto anaylizer, which would be best for my purposes. The lights around the climate control and radio area are blinking and I think also doing the clicking. I tried turning the key on and off 3 times to find codes on the instrument panel but don't see anything.
Tuesday, August 16th, 2011 AT 12:21 AM
SATURNTECH9
A test light is the easiest to use you would be hooking the aligator clip to ground and using the other end to to find power your best bet would be a test light to start with.
Tuesday, August 16th, 2011 AT 1:35 AM
KASTRATTON
I bought a curcuit tester. The clicking and blinking is definitely comming from the clock, casstte area, radio pwr on off and the climate control ****s. The gauges all seem to work and the power windows as well. I won't be able to do anything until next weekend.
Sunday, August 28th, 2011 AT 6:19 PM