"Trac Off" light is on

AFVETERAN
  • 2000 OLDSMOBILE ALERO
I followed the instructions in the owners manual and the light is still on. What is the next step? Does the relay go out?

Just before the warning light came on I was driving on a rough patch of roadway with pot holes, and uneven road surface of ashpalt and cement.

Thanks,

Mark
Friday, November 12th, 2010 AT 6:49 PM

FACTORYJACK
If the light is on at all times, even after several key cycles there is more than likely a fault related code stored in the EBCM (Electronic Brake Control Module). It would need scan tool diagnostics to determine what the code is, and a course of action.

Check the attached guide on check engine light scan, it is the same process for the Traction control system, which is usually tied to the ABS system. Also attached is a video on the subject that will may help

I also attached the wiring diagram for the ABS/Traction Control System

Check the guide/video and diagram and get back to us.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/checking-a-service-engine-soon-or-check-engine-light-on-or-flashing

https://youtu.be/Pb6nXV-iamI
-1
Saturday, November 13th, 2010 AT 3:49 AM
XMASBABE25
  • 2000 OLDSMOBILE ALERO
The car service engine light, and trac off light is on dash, the engine light flashes while driving, the car is shaking and running real rough, there is also water dripping from the tail pipe any idea?
Friday, September 7th, 2018 AT 7:36 PM (Merged)
LEGITIMATE007
Sounds like a misfire, go to autozone and have it scanned and bring the trouble codes back to me for further diagnosis
KRISSYMECHEA
  • 2000 OLDSMOBILE ALERO
  • AWD
When I start my car, the service engine light and my trac low light comes on. You can also smell gas and it shakes when I drive it. What is wrong with my car?
If the lights are coming on, you need to have the computer scanned. Many things can cause what you described. If the light is on, chances are there will be a code stored in the computer that will identify where the problem is coming from. Most nationally recognized parts stores will do it for free. Have it done and let me know what you find.