WHILE HIGHWAY DRIVING, I FEEL ALL OF THE ROAD VIBRATIONS THROUGH THE STEERING WHEEL LS

2000 Mercury Marquis

searchlight

November, 20, 2011 AT 10:41 PM

The dealer recently performed some front end work to the car replacing a knuckle, a stabilizer rod, etc plus a wheel alignment. Everything else was fine and tight the mechanic said.

The tires are new and have been balanced.

I got this car used. Is it normal to feel some road vibrations for this car through the steering wheel when it is riding over some bumps or pot holes on the highway?

The shocks seem to be fine as there is no continuous rebound when it hits a bump.

saturntech9

November, 20, 2011 AT 10:53 PM

Yes of course you will feel some vibration when hitting bumps etc thats normal with any car.

searchlight

November, 20, 2011 AT 11:46 PM

In my former 2009 Toyota Camry, regardless of whatever bump or lump in the road that the car hit, I never felt anything through the steering wheel. Of course this was a more modern car.

In other words, because of an older design being a 2000 model, would the steering and/or suspension in my Marquis transmit more of the vibrations that I describe. Is it more prone to transmitting the vibrations than isolating them like the Camry did?

searchlight

November, 21, 2011 AT 7:59 AM

The way that this car is designed being a 2000 is the suspension steering more likely to transmit road vibrations to the steering wheel than compared to a 2011 model.

My 2009 Toyota Camry would hit bumps on the highway, and nothing would be transmitted through the steering wheel.

saturntech9

November, 21, 2011 AT 5:07 PM

Yes depending on the way the steering is set up you will get more steering wheel movement. If the dealer said the front end looked good then I would say its good. Unless you want to get a second opion and take it in somewhere.

November, 22, 2011 AT 12:00 AM

PROPER TIRE PRESSURE?

SEEN THE PEON YEA-HOOS OVER PRESSURE TIRES. DON'T CARE. NOT THEIRS!

SOMETHING EZily OVERLOOKED!

saturntech9

November, 22, 2011 AT 1:10 AM

Thats a good point medic forgot to mention that one thanks for reminding me.

Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro
Power Steering Box Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Power Steering Fluid Flush Chevrolet Blazer