My car oils perssure went to high and now engenie wont start

STARSTAR82
  • 2000 FORD MUSTANG
I was driving myh car all of a sudden there was a loud squelling noise coming from engenie and my oil perssure went all the way in the red to high then the car stalled out and now will not turn over, please help me some one said it may be a fuse the previous owner told me it could be a fuse becuase this has happened before.
Wednesday, December 14th, 2011 AT 8:10 PM

SAY IT WON'T TURN OVER

LET RULE OUT "SEIZED UP"

"KEY OFF"

SEE IF YOU CAN ROTATE THE ENGINE WITH A WRENCH--ONE FULL REVOLUTION (OR MORE). PUT A MARK ON YOUR HARMONIC BALANCER SO YOU WILL KNOW WHEN YOU GET THERE

I DEMONSTRATE IN PIC, WITH MY JEEP CJ 5 ENGINE

Wednesday, December 14th, 2011 AT 8:22 PM
THIS SHOULD BE REASONABLY EZ TO TURN, NOT STRAINING TO MOVE IT

Wednesday, December 14th, 2011 AT 8:28 PM
STARSTAR82
Could it be the oil pressure gauge, the first thing that happend was my oil pressure went high then the car stalled I changed oil car started then about 15 minutes later oil gauge jumped up and down and then up and car stalled out now wont turn over at all
Wednesday, December 14th, 2011 AT 8:47 PM
EVEN BY HAND?

Wednesday, December 14th, 2011 AT 8:52 PM
NEED YOUR INFO

HOW 'BOUT CHECKING YOUR BATTERY VOLTAGE W/ A DIGITAL VOLTMETER

THE GAUGE ITSELF IS NOT KILLING THE VEHICLE

VOLTAGE IS A BIG QUESTION HERE---IF IT'S LOW, DO NOT JUMP IT OFF----REMOVE IT AND RECHARGE THE BATTERY OUT OF THE VEHICLE---OR REPLACE IT W/ A FULLY CHARGED ONE

THIS MAY ALSO RESET YOUR COMPUTER (STILL GLITCHING 'CAUSE BATTERY HAS NOT BEEN DISCONNECTED) A FULLY CHARGED ONE WILL RESET IT---THEN HAVE BATTERY AND CHARGING SYSTEM TESTED IMMEDIATELY, MOST AUTO PARTS STORES WILL LOAD TEST AND FULLY TEST THE SYSTEM FOR FREE.

KEEP US INFORMED

Wednesday, December 14th, 2011 AT 9:00 PM
STARSTAR82
My car is a 2000 mustang gt automatic, I bought the car last year and it was running fine, up until the end of october then the oil pressure gauge jumped up to the red and it stalled we came home changed oil and filter again and started the car everything was fine we let the car run and it started to making this sqealling noise and then just shut down the car wont start at all now, some one had told me it could be a fuse issue im not sure im doing all this on my own and I dont know too much about cars im a girl with no males to help me and need my car fixed thank you.
Wednesday, December 14th, 2011 AT 9:29 PM
If the engine can turn by hand, check the oil sending unit. It may be shutting the engine down.
Wednesday, December 14th, 2011 AT 10:40 PM
STARSTAR82
Ok heres the big question how do I turn the engien by hand, is there an easy fix or am I going to need to get a new engien or the engine rebuilt :(
Thursday, December 15th, 2011 AT 12:10 AM
We need to determine if the engine is bad. At the bottom front is the crank pulley. There is a large bolt in the center. Use a breaker bar and socket on that bolt to see if the engine turns.
Thursday, December 15th, 2011 AT 12:17 AM
STARSTAR82
Ok if that dosent owrk is there a better way to get a hold of oyu or someone to guide me throught his like I said its only lil ole me basicly learning here since I have no males that can help me. Would it be easier to give u an email address or gmail chat?
Thursday, December 15th, 2011 AT 1:06 AM
You won't have any trouble, but if you do, CJ and I will be here to help. Let us know if you have any questions or run into trouble.

We talked about your car. It is odd for the oil pressure to have spikes and the noise is odd too. We need to know if something has locked the engine up like a bad bearing, or if something else has happened.

It is odd for the oil pressure to MAX as you described. There is pressure regulator on the oil pump, but they rarely go bad. Most people don't even know they exist because they are so dependable.

Try to see if you can turn the bottom pulley as we described. In CJ's picture above, he took the picture from the ground looking up. See which is the easiest way to access the pulley, from top of bottom. Also, he used a standard box end wrench rather than a socket and breaker bar. Use what best works for you.
Thursday, December 15th, 2011 AT 2:48 AM
I GET NOTIFIED EVERY TIME YA'LL POST--NO MAGIC FORMULAS TO DO THIS--WE ARE TRYING TO RULE OUT MAJOR ENGINE DAMAGE

WHEN YOU RETURN, PLEASE DESCRIBE THE SQUEAL, ABOUT THE LOCATION IT CAME FROM, HOW LONG THE NOISE LASTED, HOW LOUD, HAS YOUR OIL LEVEL BEEN CLOSE TO CORRECT, HOW MUCH OIL YOU HAVE ADDED TO BRING IT BACK UP TO THE CORRECT LEVEL (AT ONE TIME). LETS SAY IN THE PAST 2 MONTHS (BASICALLY HOW LOW HAS IT EVER GOTTEN?)

NO NEED TO COVER ANYTHING UP, WE CANNOT ASSIST, IF WE DO NOT HAVE ALL OF THE FACTS!

Thursday, December 15th, 2011 AT 3:05 AM