NO FIRE

• zed006
  • 2000 Chevrolet Trailblazer

Was driving then car stopped running. Fuel pump is working, no spark from coil. Last night out of the blue car started ran for about 3 min then died will not start again.

Sunday, April 1st, 2012 AT 7:46 PM

• ASEMaster6371

I would verify the proper pressure for the fuel pump. The crank sensor may be the other issue with spark

Sunday, April 1st, 2012 AT 8:07 PM
  • zed006

Hi Roy and thanks for the reply. I was messing with the crank sensor and noticed that when a test light was applied to check power I would here the fuel pump kick on and the car would start, run for about 30sec and if I kept doing it it would keep it running some what. Going on that info it made me believe that the sensor was not sending the proper signal to the fuel pump so I replace it. After changing the crank senor it started right up, ran great. I let it run for a few minutes shut it off then restarted. Was running great, then it died again and now I have no spark again. I tried to use the test light again to see if it would restart but no luck. I do hear the fuel pump kick on both with turning the key off and on and when the crank sensor is disconnected and connected. I am really puzzled!

Sunday, April 1st, 2012 AT 9:55 PM
  • ASEMaster6371

The crank sensor only controls the pulsing of the injectors. The fuel pressure is critical and I would still go and get it checked.

Sunday, April 1st, 2012 AT 10:01 PM
  • zed006

Ok, fuel pressure is reading 60 psi when key is turned on and about 58.5 - 59 when cranking

Monday, April 2nd, 2012 AT 12:48 AM
  • ASEMaster6371

Thats good. Now, does it have any spark while cranking?

Monday, April 2nd, 2012 AT 12:55 AM
  • zed006

Sorry about that. Still no spark from coil to cap. I even exchanged the new crank sensor to make sure that I didn't pick up a bad one. Do you think that the crank sensor and the coil would go out at the same time? I guess the thing I find interesting is that it did start and ran for about 5 min total after installing the first crank sensor, now nothing. Turns over just fine but no spark.

Monday, April 2nd, 2012 AT 1:20 AM
  • ASEMaster6371

I think you are at a dead end for being repaired at home. You need some help from a shop to find the issue. A scan tool will be the next step.

Monday, April 2nd, 2012 AT 1:23 AM
  • zed006

Yes sir I think you are right. Thank you very much for your help!

Monday, April 2nd, 2012 AT 1:33 AM
  • ASEMaster6371

Good luck

Monday, April 2nd, 2012 AT 2:08 AM