Coolant warning light

ROBERTB
  • 2000 CHEVROLET MALIBU
Looks like a coolant warning light, the other day here in sioux city iowa it was bitterly cold in the morning I went out to start the car. It started right away but on the dash was this warning light that looked like a mini radiator with a little cap on it, it dosent stay on for very long, I drive it a little way and it goes off. So far i've only seen it twice when it has been very cold. What is it
Thursday, December 16th, 2010 AT 12:57 AM

MHPAUTOS
I think that you will find it is the low coolant light, check the level of the coolant before you start, top up if required, if a bit low, get a cooling system pressure test done, this will locate any small leak, if level is okay, it may just be the extreme cold affecting the sensor.

Here is a link to the video

https://youtu.be/W8kra65m15c

mark (mhpautos)
Thursday, December 16th, 2010 AT 2:08 AM
ROBERTB
Mh pautos your the greatest, I kinda looked in the puke jug the other and the level looked finebut then the light came on after that, I just bought this car used with a smaLL WRINKLE IN THE HOOD THE GUY HIT A DEER, its the newest and the nicest car i've ever had and I dont want anything to happen to it. Once again thank-you you rested my heart at ease. Robert b asher
-1
Thursday, December 16th, 2010 AT 2:20 AM
MHPAUTOS
How has the light been, is it still staying on? Or is it all good now?

+1
Tuesday, December 28th, 2010 AT 6:07 AM

Sponsored links