CLUNK SOUND WHEN FIRST TAKE OFF.

2000 Chevrolet Blazer

John56784

August, 3, 2012 AT 1:00 AM

I've got a 2000 Chevy Blazer 4.3L V.6 AT 2WD 2 Door. When I leave in the morning I hear/feel a clunk from front driver side when I first leave my driveway. It happens whether im in neutral coasting down my drive or in reverse. Also if I go slow enough out my driveway, it wont happen until I start driving down the street at about 4 mph. The clunk only happens once and wont happen again until I let is sit for a good 20 min. Doesnt happen at stop lights. And doesnt happen while turning. Happens every morning when I leave and every afternoon when I leave work. Occurs exactly when I reach about 3-4 mph whether coasting in neutral or in drive. Please help.

August, 3, 2012 AT 1:19 AM

Check the rear trans mount.

John56784

August, 3, 2012 AT 10:41 PM

Thank you for responding so quick ASEMaster6371. The transmition and motor mounts were just replaced about 6 months ago. I'm thinking it could have something to do with the brakes. Whats your thought on that?

August, 3, 2012 AT 11:34 PM

Did you check the mount? Even though it is new, is it tight?

John56784

August, 4, 2012 AT 1:35 AM

I'll try to tighten it in the morning. I'll let you know how it goes. Attached is an image of the trans mount in question.

John56784

August, 5, 2012 AT 9:00 PM

All the fasteners attached to the trans mount are tight. I'm not sure where to look now. Let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks again.

Coolant Drain and Refill Chevrolet Tahoe
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement Ford
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Chevrolet
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Chevrolet