AUTOMATIC CLIMATE CONTROL

DON HIGGINSON
  • 2000 CHEVROLET BLAZER
BLOWER FAN DOESN'T WORK CORRECTLY
ALSO, IF THE DRAIN TUBE FOR THE EVAPORATOR IS CLOGGED WILL IT SHORT OUT THE FAN RESISTOR AND NOT LET THE FAN RUN CORRECTLY? I HAVE BEEN RUNNING THE A/C, NO FAN, JUST TO TEST TO SEE IF IT WAS DRAINING RIGHT AND I SEE NO WATER DROPS BELOW THE VEHICLE. WHERE IS THE DRAIN TUBE LOCATED EXACTLY? IF IT IS CLOGGED UP AND SHORTED THE RESISTOR, IS THE RESISTOR BAD NOW? I WAS TRYING TO GET TO IT, UNDER THE DASH, AND THE A/C AND FAN STARTED WORKING AGAIN BUT, IT WILL STOP AGAIN SO, I NEED TO FIX THE PROBLEM BEFORE I GIVE MY WIFE'S VEHICLE BACK TO HER. I WAS MOVING THE WIRING AROUND A LITTLE AND THAT'S WHEN THE BLOWER STARTED WORKING AGAIN. I DON'T THINK ITS A LOOSE WIRE OR CONNECTION THOUGH. I HAVEN'T GOT IT OUT YET BUT, THE RESISTOR SEEMS TO BE LOCATED WAY UP HIGH UNDER THE DASH BEHIND THE GLOVE BOX. IF THAT IS THE RESISTOR AND I GET IT OUT, HOW DO I CHECK TO SEE IF IT IS BAD?
Wednesday, August 17th, 2011 AT 7:57 PM

WRENCHTECH
Test the blower motor itself first but you may have a bad blower speed module.
Wednesday, August 17th, 2011 AT 8:21 PM
DON HIGGINSON
Blower motor tested fine when hooked directly to battery. What is the blower speed module and where is it located?
Thursday, August 18th, 2011 AT 5:06 AM
WRENCHTECH
It controls the blower speeds and it's located where the resister would normally be, next to the blower motor.
-1
Thursday, August 18th, 2011 AT 9:54 AM
DON HIGGINSON
Your talking about what I refer to as the blower motor control module located just adjacent to the blower and is mounted on the evaporator housing. Is this what you are calling the blower speed module? If so, I've replaced it twice with two used units from salvage yards and it is still doing the same thing. I don't want to spend $230 for a new one and find out that it wasn't the problem.
Thank you for responding to my problem. Don
Thursday, August 18th, 2011 AT 5:00 PM
DON HIGGINSON
Also, if the blower speed module/( blower motor control module)was bad, wouldn't it prohibit the blower from working at all? My blower works occasionally and when working it works in all switch positions including automatic. Does my model have a blower control module and a resistor? If so, where is the resistor located?
+1
Thursday, August 18th, 2011 AT 5:27 PM
WRENCHTECH
Then I suggest you take it to an electrical professional and get it diagnosed properly.
Thursday, August 18th, 2011 AT 5:28 PM
DON HIGGINSON
Wrenchtech, I did take it to an auto electric shop and they seemed to think it was the blower module but, weren't sure so, that's why I tried the used units first. I'm sorry if I've been any trouble to you and thank you for your assistance in my time of need.
Thank you again. Don Higginson
Thursday, August 18th, 2011 AT 5:54 PM
WRENCHTECH
There's only so much guessing that can be done from the Internet without seeing the car.
Thursday, August 18th, 2011 AT 5:59 PM