WHY WONT MY CAR START?

• Staccz
  • 2000 CADILLAC DEVILLE

Ok it happened when my car stalled out in a flood, luckily no water damage was done but my engine block cracked with a fist size hole. So I got it towed home and went to pick and pull to grab a new engine block. Just my luck they didnt have a 2000 NorthStar engine in stock, but a mechanic told me to grab a 1998 NorthStar engine and we will just have to buy a gasket kit. Well we did that and now I have a 1998 northstar bottom block and all my heads and the rest stayed the 2000. Well now when trying to start it it wont turn over. Checked the codes and they read that the crankshaft sensors had a malfunction, we bought new sensors and now we are still not getting any fire. I was wondering since the 2000 engine was the year everything changed wouldnt I have to re pull the engine to change out the CrankShaft that is 1998 which is in my block

Tuesday, June 26th, 2012 AT 5:51 PM

• ASEMaster6371

Who did this work? The guy who told you to use the other motor?

Tuesday, June 26th, 2012 AT 11:35 PM
  • Staccz

Yes the mechanic that told me to get the 98

Wednesday, June 27th, 2012 AT 2:53 PM
  • ASEMaster6371

What were his results as to why it would not start? You need compression, fuel pressure and spark.

Did he verify these?

Thursday, June 28th, 2012 AT 12:55 AM
  • Staccz

Yes he checked all of the above. But would the 1998 crankshaft cause it not to start being that the rectular wheel has changed on the 2000

Thursday, June 28th, 2012 AT 2:45 PM