CAR WONT START

1995 Cadillac Deville

badboymarcus

August, 17, 2012 AT 1:39 PM

The car started and stayed on running for 10 to 15 mins and turned off. Try to start and it wont it cranks. What you think it is need help.

August, 17, 2012 AT 2:10 PM

Do you have an alarm system? Ids the security light on?

August, 17, 2012 AT 2:51 PM

Did you test the battery and charging system?

badboymarcus

August, 17, 2012 AT 5:45 PM

To me it may be the fuel pump it would stall sometimes. Its got a new battery. Can you sent me a diagram how to take down the gas tank and how to take out fuel pump.

August, 17, 2012 AT 6:19 PM

Not cranking and cranking but won't fire up are two different things so which is the correct condition?

badboymarcus

August, 17, 2012 AT 10:40 PM

Cranking but wont fire up

August, 18, 2012 AT 6:54 AM

http://www.2carpros.com/topics/engine-performance/cranks-but-wont-start

Above link explains what to look for so have you gone through them and confirmed the fuel pump is at fault? Testing of fuel pump operations can be done via the Fuel Pump Test/Prime Connector on left inner fender panel.

Guessing and changing components without testing and confirming can be a waste of time and money.

FUEL PUMP

Removal & Installation

1. Disconnect negative battery cable. Relieve fuel pressure. Remove filler neck. Lower fuel tank. Disconnect fuel lines and electrical connection.

2. Remove fuel level sending unit and fuel pump retaining bolts or cam lock ring. Lift assembly from fuel tank and remove fuel pump from sending unit.

3. Pull fuel pump upward while pulling away from bottom support. Use care not to damage rubber insulator and strainer. To install, reverse removal procedure using NEW "O" ring and gasket.

badboymarcus

August, 18, 2012 AT 8:52 PM

Ok I replace fuel pump and fuel filter and wont start. What can be the probluem.

August, 18, 2012 AT 10:16 PM

Have you checked what is missing from the link I provided?

cadieman

August, 18, 2012 AT 11:01 PM

Try starting fluid does it start?Have u checked the voltage at the fuel pump or injecter fuses?Stop throwing parts on hoping it works.

badboymarcus

August, 19, 2012 AT 12:09 AM

Yea I tryed the link still nothing. And use starting fluid and checked all fuses are good.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right