I BROKE THE DRIVER'S SIDE WINDOW CONTROL SWITCH

2000 Buick Park Avenue

Jim Huhta

November, 11, 2011 AT 12:15 AM

The driver's window control (automatic type) apparently has broken from its post and just flops back and forth, I need to know just how to remove the entire control panel. On the arm rest of the door. To see if I can do an epoxy fix or replace just this broken switch on the window up/down control switch. I prefer not to replace the entire panel. Entire panel has rear mirror adjustment, door lock switch, etc. Jim

Do I just take a pry tool and be careful? Is there a special spot where this control panel has to be addressed?

DrCranknWrench

November, 11, 2011 AT 1:56 AM

I have the instructions to remove and replace the switch including the door trim panel.
You will probably have to take it apart to see if you can epoxy it or if you will need to replace a part to keep the switch in place. I have oftenfound that epoxy fixes either don't work long, work a little while and then you have to add more epoxy to get it to work and it makes a mess, or it runis everything, wastes time and money and I end up getting thepart to fix it right anyway.
Let me know if you need anything else.

Window Switch Replacement and Test
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement