No heat in my 1999 Avalon

ANONYMOUS
  • 1999 TOYOTA AVALON
  • 250 MILES

No heat in my 1999 Avalon. Both heater core hoses (in and out) get hot, however, no heat when I move heat/ac control on the inside panel nor when I manually adjust the control on the Heater control valve near the firewall (engine). Also, the cable from the control panel to the Heater control valve does not move when I change the temp control inside the car. The coolant level is good and the temp gauge registers half way between hot and cold (normal). Any ideas of what is stopping my heat?

Saturday, November 17th, 2012 AT 5:27 AM

KHLOW2008

If the heater control does not move when turning the kbob, that is the cause of no heat. Either the cable is or its connection is dislodged or stuck, that would prevent the air-mix blend doors from turning to the heat position.

-1
Sunday, November 18th, 2012 AT 11:01 AM
RPM289

I am having the same issue with my 99 Avalon. I have flushed the heater core, unhookedvthe water control valve and opened it manually but still no heat. I can't move the lcable from outside nor will it move with temp control knob. I found a control unit in salvage yard no change. All buttons on both control units seem to move to correct positions butb hot air no idea what to try next.

+1
Saturday, November 19th, 2016 AT 10:30 AM