ELECTRICAL ISSES

1999 Pontiac Grand Am

caddygrl7677

September, 20, 2013 AT 11:41 AM

I have jumped the batt and had it runnin for a min after almost 2 yrs of sitting. As I type its sittin on a jumper box. I have checked all fuses wires and connections for shorts and signs of wear. All connections are solid. It will not start back up. What else can I do?

saturntech9

September, 20, 2013 AT 12:21 PM

Is it cranking and not starting or no crank no start?The first thing I would take care of is that battery in the cartwo years is a llong time for a battery to sit.A bad battery even with a jump can cause it not to start. Let's take the battery out have it charged and tested.I really doubt it will test good. Get a new battery if needed and we will go from there.

caddygrl7677

September, 20, 2013 AT 1:18 PM

Its cranking slightly after been on box for awhile. Its slowly charging right now but idk if it will work. When I try to start the dash lights go crazy and the door dingers goin off.I jus rechecked terminals and wires again. The in dash fusebox fuses look a lil corrodided but none have blown. A stray green wire is in the engine bay and I cany=t find where it goes somewhere under dash.

saturntech9

September, 20, 2013 AT 1:37 PM

Let's start by doing with the battery like I suggested a battery like that could even spike the computer. Please let's start with what I suggested then go from there.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right