HAVING MANY WHAT SEEMS LIKE ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS, BUT MOST CONCERNED THAT THERE IS NO SIGNAL TO THE OBDII PORT.

1999 Plymouth Voyager

AngelaM

February, 17, 2012 AT 10:43 PM

I have a 1999 Plymouth Voyager. After asking someone to take a look at why the exhaust fan and why it wasn't kicking on causing my van to overheat, not only was that problem not fixed, more problems were created. Now, I have to make my 6 poor children ride around in a cold van with no inspection, and soon no registration. Here is a list of the problems: The van overheats sometimes if left running, the inside lights and the locks will not work unless the van is on, and strangely after the van has been running if I do not turn off the headlights before turning off the van, then the locks and inside lights will still work until I turn off the headlights. The stereo doesn't work at all (all I hear is a pop in the speaker when first turned on), and now there is no signal to the OBDII so that I can get it inspected. All the fuses seem ok. I would EXTREMELY appreciate any help whatsoever! Please?
Concerned Mother

February, 17, 2012 AT 11:18 PM

No signal to the OBD-II port and various components not functioning indicates a power supply interruption.

If the fuses were checked good, hope you did use a test lamp or DVOM to test them, the next thig to check would be the connectors between the fuse box and ignition switch.

Can you perform basics testing with a test light or DVOM?
Which engine do you have?

At Data Link Connector, check for battery voltage at pin # 16 if the scan tool cannot power up. If battery voltage is not available, check fuse # 28 (10 A) inpower distribution center.

Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser