I HAVE A 99 OLDS BRAVADA THAT I LOVE

1999 Oldsmobile Bravada

Anonymous

November, 6, 2012 AT 12:09 PM

I have a 99 olds bravada that I love. However, whenever the outside temp gets down below say even 40 it will not start. It cranks, but sounds like there is no fuel getting where it needs to go. For awhile, if we just turned the key to 'on' for a bit before trying to start it that would help. It would chug at first and die then we would have to leave the key 'on' for a bit again until it would finally start. After that first problem in the morning, it would pretty much do well through the day. When the weather was nice, we didnt have any problems with it starting. As soon as it started getting colder the problem reappeared. We had the fuel pump replaced in march, but were still occassionally running into this same issue, but it was only on the first start of the day and when the weather outside was cooler. Now that it is winter-time, it will not start again. Could it be a water temp sensor or a bad pump or what the heck. I would really love to drive this thing, I did not buy it for use as a lawn ornament : ) thank you for any ideas you may have. Tanya

hmac300

November, 6, 2012 AT 2:00 PM

Scan for codes and check fuel pressure first. If it's a V6 pressure should be 60-66psi key on engine not running

steverose1

February, 14, 2013 AT 12:40 AM

Ignition Coil, mine did same thing, guy told me to change fuel pump but I had it towed by AAA to one of their garages, ran the test and the cool air was hitting the ignition coil and blowing spark off before it started. When warm out it ran amazing, as soon as it got cold, it wouldnt start.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang