FREEZE PLUG LOCATIONS

1999 Oldsmobile Alero

BrianV

August, 7, 2011 AT 12:40 AM

Where are the freeze plugs located on a 3.4 liter V6 Engine? The car is a 1999 oldsmobile alero

Freeze Plug

1 ANSWER

Freeze Plug

1 IMAGE

August, 7, 2011 AT 1:09 AM

Check on both side of the engine block

BrianV

August, 7, 2011 AT 1:16 AM

Yes where exactly this is for my 1999 oldsmobile alero I looked and I see none on the block and what is required to install the freeze plugs and install them?

August, 7, 2011 AT 1:38 AM

What's wrong here that you inquiring about the freeze plugs -are you leaking coolant from the engine

BrianV

August, 7, 2011 AT 1:41 AM

I had a diagnostics test and pressure test ran on my car and I was told one of my freeze plugs is leaking. My car keeps overheating and the water keeps disapering

August, 7, 2011 AT 2:44 AM

But is it actually leaking from the freeze plug? If not could be burning in the cylinders due to a blown headgasket, cracked head or block and an intake leak

BrianV

August, 7, 2011 AT 2:48 AM

The headgasket has been replaced and I have had the heads checked and they are not cracked and the same with the block and ithey are not warped I had the heads resurfaced also and the intake is fine I had that checked is there a diagram you could link me to so I can solve my problem?

August, 7, 2011 AT 8:41 PM

Sorry, I dont have the information you need on the freeze plugs

BrianV

August, 8, 2011 AT 1:54 AM

Sorry to bother you again but I checked the freeze plugs myself and it turns out the mechanic that did the diagnostics and pressure test was wrong. The car runs perfectly fine when I first start it then the surge tank shoots the water out then the car stalls what would cause this? The car doesnt even get on the hot mark now.

rivermikerat

September, 20, 2011 AT 4:05 AM

Refill the radiator. Start the engine and let it warm up. Make sure there is coolant flowing. If not, remove and test the thermostat. Boil a pan of water on the stove and put the thermostat in the water. Use an accurate thermometer capable of reading at least to 215 degrees F (preferably a candy thermometer). The thermostat should open at 195 degreesF. If not, replace it and the gasket. If it does open, replace it and install a new gasket and then replace the water pump. You may also want to check the cooling system for the presence of combustion gases to make sure there isn't a head gasket leak to the cooling system.

Oil Change and Filter Replacement Toyota
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Tahoe
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet
Oil Change/Filter Replacement Hyundai Sonata
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevy Silverado