CLATTERING NOISE LIKE A HORSE GALLOPING

2002 Oldsmobile Alero

Twinkiedelight05

I rechecked the engine oil again an there is now no sign of yellow on oil dipstick. There is no light on as in service engine, it over heating, or rpm guage doesn't state its over ideling at all. I took it to northwest tire an they said that it was the water pump making that noise, I then took it for a second opinion an that shop told me its coming from the engine, the third shop muffler man put it on a hoist an listened really close an they then told me that it needs a timing chain. Would the timing chain cause the engine to have a lifter noise, or the water pump.

TAKE IT TO AN AUTOMOTIVE MACHINE SHOP

THEY KNOW 'EM INSIDE OUT

MOST FELLERS WILL COME OUT AND GIVE YOU A FREE DIAGNOSIS (EVEN IN MOST CASES THEY DON'T "WORK" ON THE CAR)(THEY JUST MACHINE ENGINES)

LOOK IN THE PHONE BOOK UNDER "AUTOMOTIVE MACHINE SHOPS"

I'D TAKE THEIR ADVISE AND FIND A COMPETENT SHOP TO DO THE WORK----THE MACHINE SHOP MAY SUGGEST A GOOD, "DO YOU RIGHT SHOP". THE STEALERSHIP IS NOT THE ONLY GAME IN TOWN

LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES

Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz