WON'T START HAS GAS, SPARK

1999 Mercury Villager

Tom steal

September, 25, 2011 AT 11:25 PM

Changed the knock sensor, now it won't start just cranks. Distributor brand new there's sparks on all plugs. Checked gas flow from filter and return good, there is alot of gas on spark plugs when I pull them out. What could be the problem.

September, 26, 2011 AT 12:18 AM

You need spark, compression and fuel pressure. Something is not there. You need a fuel pressure gauge to test pressure, spark check and compression. I would start there.

Tom steal

September, 26, 2011 AT 2:10 AM

Having excessive gas on the spark plugs does that have to deal wit fuel pressure. Jus gotta get a pressure gauge to check the fuel pressure, 'and compression. Thanks Aaloha!

September, 26, 2011 AT 2:19 AM

Could be no spark or timing.

Tom steal

September, 26, 2011 AT 2:31 AM

There's spark, timing I had put it on top dead center the rotor in the distributor points to number 6, is it suppose to be in position 2 o clock cause thats like number three. Is it suppose to be on number one on the distributor cap.

September, 26, 2011 AT 2:33 AM

Tdc is number one cylinder. Make sure it is on the compression stroke and not on overlap.

Tom steal

September, 26, 2011 AT 3:03 AM

Yeah I bring number 1 cylinder up to top, pull the cap of the distributor and the rotor points between 3 and 2. Should I rotate the pulley till it hits one, but that won't make it tdc, how do I make sure it's on compression stroke not overlap

September, 26, 2011 AT 3:08 AM

Remove number one plug and when you rotate the motor, you will feel pressure against your finger. Do not rotate the pulley. You must remove the distributor and place it with the rotor pointing toward number 1 wire.

Tom steal

September, 26, 2011 AT 3:28 AM

Thanks that makes sense. Aaloha!

September, 26, 2011 AT 3:30 AM

Good luck

Tom steal

September, 26, 2011 AT 3:41 AM

Yeah tried, still no start. I'mma keep trying. Much mahalos (thank you). Aaloha!

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test