LOUD NOISE WHENEVER I ACCELERATE.

1999 Honda Accord

kate123

September, 26, 2011 AT 2:05 PM

It just started this morning. I was driving and it was fine, but then this roaring noise started whenever I hit the gas pedal. I thought I was dragging something, but when checked, there wasn't anything there. The noise increases as I accelerate. And continue to stay that way as long as my foot is on the gas pedal. It sounds like something is stuck in the muffler. Really loud, like one of those cars that's rev-ing their engine. I can see the RPM increasing, but the mileage from 0-40 is so slow to increase, it's like the wheels are turning but the car isn't going in tune. It was raining, jh haven't tested the car w/o rain yet.

Sahilwalia

September, 26, 2011 AT 2:42 PM

Well not a problem since it 1999 model it will cause noise. You may check out the engine mounting which can cause vibration in body of a car and for engine you must check out the clutch plates and the bearing associated with it.

September, 26, 2011 AT 3:03 PM

Is this a manual or automatic transmission?

kate123

September, 26, 2011 AT 3:56 PM

This is an automatic transmission. I'm not having trouble w/the virbration, but it's the noise, it just doesn't sound right.

September, 26, 2011 AT 4:12 PM

Noise problems are almost impossible to diagnose online unless you are specific with the type of noise, its occurrence frequency and conditions under which it occurs. Can you proide more details on the problem?

Is it a leaking exhaust noise?