Slow

BADBLACKSIERRA
  • 1999 GMC SIERRA
1999 gmc sierra slow acceleration
Saturday, July 23rd, 2011 AT 6:22 AM

SATURNTECH9
Do you have any codes?Have you ran a exhaust back pressure test yet?
Saturday, July 23rd, 2011 AT 6:35 AM
BADBLACKSIERRA
Exhaust pressure is fine, no trooble codes at ell, just very sluggish acceleration, I think its either a clogged fuel filter, or a ignition problem, wires, coils, cap and rotor, I put lucas octane booster in it and it has just has a synthetic 10w30 oild change the truck has 400K on it and she's still going strong this has just recently started where she has become extremely sulggish and is lacking power
Saturday, July 23rd, 2011 AT 6:43 AM
BADBLACKSIERRA
The truck aslo has a Cold Air intake on it plus a few other performance mods, I'm not really an amateur when it comes to cars I have been working on them since I was 7 years old, I'm going to replace the plugs and wires see if that's the problem as I was going to be purchacing MSD complete igniton for it anyways, also I'm going to replace the EGR valve and fuel filter as I haven't replaced those in about 3 years, it could also possibly be an bad o2 sensor as well it looks to me like I might have a bunch of replacing of small parts to get done, oh well an afternoon with some beer and music it'll get done!
Saturday, July 23rd, 2011 AT 6:50 AM
SATURNTECH9
Ignition problems wouldnt cause a lack of power they cause missing. As far as the fuel filter goes you see if its restricted by removing it and blowing thru it not with a air compressor it should flow freely. So have you gotten any where replacingall those parts?
Monday, July 25th, 2011 AT 3:50 AM