NO HEAT

1999 Ford Explorer

AdamClev

November, 12, 2013 AT 4:06 PM

So my 1999 ford explorer limited 6 cylinder 4, 0 SOH has no heat. Well it gets sorta warm. The AC works great. But with winter time in central New York and a 4 month old. New born and a 5 year old heat is a necessity. I've changed the thermostat hoping that would be it. The temperature gauge in the vehicle also stays real low not even close to half way between c and h so I'm guessing that has something to do with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This site and everyone on here has been a tremendous help with any issues I've had. So THANK YOU ALL.

No Heat

mhpautos

November, 12, 2013 AT 4:09 PM

Your thermostat may be faulty (stuck open all the time) just because it is new better re check it, also with the engine as hot as it gets feel that both heater hoses are hot to touch, if not you may have a blocked heater core, start here.

AdamClev

November, 12, 2013 AT 5:08 PM

I had a thoughtnthe thermostat may be faulty. (Hopefully) will check the hoses as well. The hoses your talking about bare the ones near the firewall correct? I've heard the heater core is an bear to change in the truck. (Taking apart whole dash possibly?) Thank you for your response will post back when I have checked theses option provided.

mhpautos

November, 12, 2013 AT 7:09 PM

Yes check the 2 hoses entering the fire wall, these are the heater hoses.

AdamClev

November, 14, 2013 AT 7:03 PM

Upper heater hose is quitenanbit hotter than lower.

mhpautos

November, 15, 2013 AT 12:55 AM

You may have a part blocked heater core, try flushing first.

AdamClev

November, 15, 2013 AT 1:26 PM

How would I go about that also just noticed whole sitting out in the truck idleing with the heat on there is an on and off "growling" noise. Stops when I turn off heat

mhpautos

November, 15, 2013 AT 1:28 PM

Take heater hoses off and use a garden hose to see what flow is through the heater core, the noise may be an air lock in the system, you will need to make sure all air is bleed from the cooling system as well.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement