2004 Ford Explorer heat flow issues

MARIOBJUNIOR
  • 2004 FORD EXPLORER
Hi- maybe you could help me out. This pasty winter my vehicle heater has been coming out COLD. But at times after a few minutes and sometimes longer, I would hear a big bang. And then the heat would come out of the vents. Is this an issue that I must bring to a qualitied mecahanic. Or is this issue something that I can handle myself.I do some mechanic work such as brake changing, radiator changes, fan belts. But, just a bit curious. Im up for the challenge (if this is minor change out). A friend mentioned it may be the "A/C HEATER CONTROL. THANKS1
MARIO
Monday, September 7th, 2009 AT 8:42 AM

Mario:
It sounds like the blender door is sticking. It is the door that opens to allow the air to pass through the heater core. If it doesn't work, the air won't pass through the heater core to warm the vehicle.
Thursday, September 10th, 2009 AT 9:29 AM
MARIOBJUNIOR
Is this part replaceable and is it easy to change? If so, I will have to do it asap///winter is coming !
Thursday, September 10th, 2009 AT 10:10 AM
It isn't easy to get to. It is near the heater core.
Thursday, September 10th, 2009 AT 10:16 AM