I WAS WONDERING HOW I COULD TURN THE IDLE UP ON...

1999 Ford Contour

Anonymous

November, 25, 2012 AT 5:36 PM

Hi I was wondering how I could turn the idle up on a 1999 ford contour with v6.
The reason why Im asking is because we had a crankshaft sensor go bad and we let it go for a while and didn't replace it and during that time it started idling right below the line that it idled above. So when we could aford it we got the crankshaft sensor and replaced it. It still is not idling where it originally did when we got the car so I was thinking mabye we need to take the battery out for ten minites and then put it back in to reset the computer. What do you think we should do, thanks for reading my question and have a nice day.

November, 25, 2012 AT 5:56 PM

No, re setting will not do it. It erases all adaptive memories and takes time to bring it back to the same spot.

Crank sensor will not effect the idling of the car. It is either good or bad. When it is bad, it will not run.

The idle is controlled by the computer. The iac motor makes needed adjustments for corrections. That may be your issue or there may be vacuum leaks.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet