DOOR WILL NOT CLOSE

1999 Chrysler Concorde

mandiperez21

November, 29, 2011 AT 6:55 AM

My passenger side door to my 99 chrysler concorde will not close its not the latch because it doesn't even close to the point for the latch to catch when I try to close it it feels like somethings stopping it and the hinges are in fairly good condition I think.

Car door passanger side

November, 29, 2011 AT 7:08 AM

Are you trying to say when closing the door it bounce right back?

mandiperez21

November, 29, 2011 AT 8:37 AM

Yes it will get about 2u to 3me iinches from shutting and stops no matter how hard I pussh on it it will not close and when I hold it as close as I can get it there is a gap where the floor by the seat and door meet its hard to explain but it doesn't even come close to closing I have to keep it tied so it wont fly open when im driving

mandiperez21

November, 29, 2011 AT 8:44 AM

It will not close enough for the latch to even have a chance to connect the top of the door above the window where it connects to the roof looks lined up to me and there's no obvious dents or damage once I was in an accident with a different car and the fender was pushed tword the door and the door wouldn't open and close properly and that's kind of what it feels like when I try to close it at a certain point it just stops and willnot close any further

November, 29, 2011 AT 10:08 PM

Try re-aligning the door-could be sagging a bit causing it not to catch the latch

Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Dynamat Door Installation