• Tiny
  • cirrus99
  • 1999 Chrysler Cirrus
  • 6 CYL
  • FWD
  • automatic

I have a 99 Chrysler Cirrus 2.5 L V6, and is it possible to check for leaks and replace the water inlet pipe going to the water pump. Also how to remove the filler neck and thermostat housing unit.

Do you
have the same problem?
Saturday, January 1st, 2011 AT 8:45 PM

1 Reply

  • Tiny
  • Jacobandnickolas
  • Expert
  • 68,409 posts

The filler neck (t-stat housing) is held on by 2 bolts. Remove the bolts. As far as the inlet pipe, it is bolted in place. Remove the bolt and carfully turn it while removing it. There is an o-ring at the end. Make sure to replace it. If the tube breaks or buckles, you can get a replacement for it at most parts stores. They are about 15 dollars. As far as looking for the leak, get a pressure pump for the cooling system and pressurize the system to check for the leak. Also, make sure the hoses are in good condition before reinstalling them.

Was this
Saturday, January 8th, 2011 AT 5:31 AM

Please login or register to post a reply.

Similar Questions