CHRYSLER

• cely
  • 1999 Chrysler 300
  • automatic

I have a chrysler 300m 1999 the key wont turn over like if wrong key steering wheel locked what do I do?

Monday, January 3rd, 2011 AT 11:53 PM

• obxautomedic

Ok, since steering wheel is lock the most likely cause of your problem is the steering wheel being locked. What you need to do is turn the steering wheel hard to the right and try turning the key at same time.

.

Tuesday, January 4th, 2011 AT 12:11 AM
  • cely

AND if that dont work what else can I do? Is there a reset button on the car that can just reset everythin?

Tuesday, January 4th, 2011 AT 12:50 AM
  • obxautomedic

No, there is no reset button for that. If turn hard right doesn't work try turn to the left. If you cannot get it to release then you will need to have a garage take a look at it. The steering wheel may need to be removed in order to manually move the Unlocking Mechanism inside the Column.

.

Tuesday, January 4th, 2011 AT 1:07 AM
  • cely

Ok well the key doesnt turn either, what do you think that is?

Tuesday, January 4th, 2011 AT 1:19 AM
  • obxautomedic

The key won't turn do to the steering wheel being locked it has locked in a position that has placed the key switch in a hard bind which of course is preventing it from turning. And usually turning and holding the steering wheel hard to either the left or right and turning the key at the same time will usually unlock it.

Try it again and this time turn the key a little harder and see if it will unlock. Try both directions.

Make sure you are pulling on the steering wheel hard to either right or left while turning key.

.

Tuesday, January 4th, 2011 AT 1:37 AM
  • cely

I get what your saying, I been trying it and it just wont budge. Is there anything else I can do?

Tuesday, January 4th, 2011 AT 2:20 AM
  • obxautomedic

Hello, did you get the problem fixed/ If so what was it?

Friday, January 7th, 2011 AT 2:35 AM