The main problem here is the outer door handle not returning to position. If the return sppring of the outer handle has broken, it has to be replaced as an assy as there are no service parts for the handle spring.
If the handle is sticking because of rust, some lubrication to the pivots should solve the problem.
If you wish to use it as it is, remember to push the handle back to its resting place before operating the door lock or remote entry if used.
Here are the procedures for replacing the outer door handle.
EXTERIOR FRONT DOOR HANDLE
Removal and Installation
1. Remove the front door trim panel.
2. Position the watershield aside.
The tie strap does not need to be reinstalled.
3. If equipped, remove the tie strap from the anti-theft guard.
4. Remove the screws and position the anti-theft guard aside.
5. Release the clip and disconnect the exterior door handle actuating rod.
6. Remove the anti-theft guard.
7. Remove the exterior door handle screw.
8. Remove the exterior handle actuating rod.
9. Remove the exterior door handle lock cylinder cover.
10. Remove the exterior door handle.
11. To install, reverse the removal procedure.
Images (click to enlarge)
Thursday, June 2nd, 2011 AT 3:29 PM