KEEP GETTING MESSAGE ON THE DIC..STARTING DISABLED

• Adkinscarl
  • 1999 CADILLAC DEVILLE

REMOVE KEY. THEFT SYSTEM PROBLEM. CAR MAY NOT START. How do you reset it I replaced the battery and pass side driveaxles

Monday, February 20th, 2012 AT 6:23 PM

• Cadieman

Leave the key on 20minutes it needs to relearn.

-1
Monday, February 20th, 2012 AT 7:44 PM
  • Adkinscarl

In what position do I leave the key in when leaving it to relearn. The dealer said that it was the key cylinder, that there was no way to reset the theft system. They said that the cylinder had two white wires that moved everytime you cranked the car and that over time that they would break. But I just dont understand how it was working just fine before I put the new driveaxles in and put a new battery in. After I replaced both of them I went to crank it up to check my trans fluid but it wouldnt start and I got the message's. I will try the key for 20 min. But if that doesnt work what should I do next. Thanks in advance. And if that works I will be more than glad to donate to the site the money I save by not having to take it to a dealer.

Monday, February 20th, 2012 AT 11:26 PM
  • Cadieman

Check the key is the pellet missing from the key?On relearn you just leave it on. If the cylinder is bad. You will need to remove the 2 white wires at the connecter then u install the new ones then put the connecter togeather. Insert 1 car key in the cyl. And try to start it with the other key if it starts youll need to install a new cyl. Due to the tools needed find a mobile steering column repair co.

Tuesday, February 21st, 2012 AT 12:50 AM
  • Adkinscarl

Thanks for the advise cadieman, but it didn't work. I left the key in the on position for 20 min and it ran down the bran new battery that I just bought yesterday. So I googled some more and talk with a few other people who had the same problem with there Cadillac as I did. I ran across this one website that showed how to bypass the security system. So I went to radio shack and got everything I needed to bypass the whole system and built it. Put it in and bypassed the securtiy system and what do you know IT STARTED and all the codes went off and have not come back on. So to everyone who gave me advices on here thanks but none of it work, and for an 1/8 of the price of a new cylinder lock and a set of new keys I fixed. I guess you could say it was a poor mans fix. If anyone would like to know how I did it send me an e-mail at adkinscarl11@yahoo. Com and i'll tell you how I did it.

+5
Wednesday, February 22nd, 2012 AT 5:28 AM
  • Cadieman

WE ALL KNOW THIS BUT ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO RECOMMEND THIS TYPE OF REPAIR. BECAUSE YOU TOOK OUT YOUR HOLE SECURITY SYS. NOW YOUR CAR HAS NO ALARM AND IS OPEN TO THEFT. HOOK A TOGGLE SWITCH UP ON ONE OF THE WHITE WIRES AND HIDE IT UNDER THE DASH. THIS WILL KEEP THE CAR FROM STARTING UNTIL U FLICK THE SWITCH.

Wednesday, February 22nd, 2012 AT 10:36 PM
  • Firefly24051

Could you please email me the instructions you found. I really need this to fix my car. I'm a single mom on a tight budget and I can't afford to keep trying. Thanks in advance Firefly24051@gmail. Com

-1
Wednesday, August 19th, 2015 AT 1:40 PM