Security problem

JULIE MITCHELL
  • 1999 CADILLAC DEVILLE
99 cadillac deville It says starter disabled, wait 3 minutes then start. But it doesn't start. Need problem solving or bypass. No resistor method.
Monday, January 30th, 2012 AT 10:27 PM

Turn key on until security light goes out, up to 10 minutes, then turn key off and try to start car.
+1
Tuesday, January 31st, 2012 AT 12:21 AM
SREVE
  • 1999 CADILLAC DEVILLE
Car won't start theft system problem light is on and fuel pump relay clicks constantly when key is on.
+9
Thursday, June 6th, 2019 AT 3:21 PM (Merged)
KEN
The car will do that if the battery is low can you check it, here is a guide.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-battery

please let us know what you find so it will help others
+1
SREVE
I bought a new battery and still the same problem. Left key on to reset computer but still won't start. Will turn over but not start. Fuel pump relay still clicking constantly.
+1
KEN
It sounds like the fuel pump relay or the fuel pump has shorted, try the relay first here is a video on how to replace it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6ka-fscAuw

Please get back to me

-1
SREVE
I tested the relay and it's ok. I checked the voltage going to relay and it is sporadic. I think the car won't start has something to do with the theft system problem. The theft system problem light is still lit up on dash.
+2
KEN
Okay, open the open and close all doors, disconnect the battery for two minutes and reconnect, Then lock and unlock the drivers door and then try to start the car, please let me know what happens
-2
SREVE
Ok, I'll try that tomorrow. Will let you know tomorrow night. Thanks for your input.
SREVE
I tried opening and closing doors, disconnected battery for 2 minutes, reconnect, lock and unlock drivers door, and still no change.
-1
KEN
Those cars have little wires coming out of the ignition switch which lead to the security system, its sounds like one of them is broken, you will need to remove the ignition tumbler to see if this is the problem.
-1
SREVE
I did read that somewhere. Can I bypass that with some resistors?
-1
KEN
I don't think so the security system must be enabled and that's the only way I know of though I have heard of people bypassing it somehow, if you learn how please let me know
ADKINSCARL
  • 1999 CADILLAC DEVILLE
Remove key theft system problem. Car may not start. How do you reset it? I replaced the battery and passenger side drive axles. In what position do I leave the key in when leaving it to relearn. The dealer said that it was the key cylinder, that there was no way to reset the theft system. They said that the cylinder had two white wires that moved every time you cranked the car and that over time that they would break. But I just do not understand how it was working just fine before I put the new drive axles in and put a new battery in. After I replaced both of them I went to crank it up to check my transmission fluid, but it would not start and I got the message's. I will try the key for twenty minutes, but if that does not work what should I do next?Thanks in advance. If that works I will be more than glad to donate to the site the money I save by not having to take it to a dealer.
+1
Sunday, January 5th, 2020 AT 7:57 PM (Merged)
CADIEMAN
The wires breaking in by the ignitions which is a common problem on these car BTW.

Here is the procedure to get to the wires and fix them so the car will start. (Below)

Reconnect the broken wires and you will be all set

Cheers!
+1
ADKINSCARL
Thanks for the advice cadieman, I left the key in the on position for twenty minutes and it ran down the brand new battery that i just bought yesterday. So I Googled some more and talk with a few other people who had the same problem with their Cadillac as i did. I ran across this one website that showed how to bypass the security system. So i went to radioshack and got everything i needed to bypass the whole system and built it. Put it in and bypassed the security system and what do you know it started and all the codes went off and have not come back on. So to everyone who gave me advice on here thanks but none of it work, and for an 1/8 of the price of a new cylinder lock and a set of new keys I fixed. I guess you could say it was a poor man's fix. here is the link

https://youtu.be/5oHEHKJR5pE
+17
CADIEMAN
Nice work, we are here to help, please use 2CarPros anytime.

Cheers
+1
RANGER RICK1117
Okay I got the "problem with theft system " message. I did the resister bypass & got within 4 ohms of the key resister reading. Now I get the "starting disabled " code. What next? Also the cat, 1998 caddy d'elegance, went through hurricane Harvey and took on water nearly to the top of driveshaft hump/bottom of the brake pedal. Water wasn't up long, none in oil, tranny, or up under dash. Could it have effected something I ain't aware of?
-1
KEN
It sounds like the BCM got wet in the trunk, I would unplug it and looks for corrosion on one of the terminals in the connector then allow the the BCM to dry completely of a couple of days unplugged. Here is a wiring diagram and location (below) and a guide to help you check for power and ground.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

Please let us know what happens so it will help others.

Cheers, Ken
KEN
Bypassing the security system is tricky business Im would recommend just fixing the wires it costs nothing by time and a little wiring fix.
-1
SHANNONPAGE1
  • 1995 CADILLAC DEVILLE
1995 Cadillac Deville

how to I reset the security system? I am asking for my boyfriend who thinks he knows everything, lol please help me!

It was messed up after the mechanic who put in the new steering column
Sunday, January 5th, 2020 AT 7:59 PM (Merged)

Sponsored links