WHY DON'T MY TAIL LIGHTS, SIGNAL LIGHTS, AND INTERIOR LIGHTS WORK?

1999 Buick Park Avenue

ashleymccoy

October, 3, 2012 AT 8:51 PM

The tail lights, left signal lights, and interior lights on my 1999 buick park avenue don't work. What may be the problem?

October, 3, 2012 AT 8:58 PM

Start by checking for blown fuses.

ashleymccoy

October, 3, 2012 AT 9:12 PM

I've checked the fuses. There fine.

October, 4, 2012 AT 9:03 AM

By interior lights do you mean the dash and other illuminations? Does it include the courtesy and dome lights?

For the left turn signals, do any of exterior bulbs lights up or none at all? Does turning on the hazard lights make them work?

For the fuses, apart from underhood there is one fuse block under the dash.

All these are linked to the Lamp Control Module, behind left side of dash, right of steering column.

ashleymccoy

October, 7, 2012 AT 3:38 PM

The lights on the dash, like were the speed is don't work. My brake lights work and my right side turn signal and hazard lights work. But only the brake lights work on the left side. But the tail lights don't work period.

October, 7, 2012 AT 5:43 PM

For the stop lights, check the bulb. Test for battery voltage to the Light Blue wire. This wire is linked to each othere between right and left.

Dash illuminations and taillights shares the same circuit and gets its power supply from the Lamp Control Module (LCM). Test the LCM Brown wire for battery voltage when taillights are turned on.

If all lights works correctly when hazard lights are turned on, the left not working could be due to a faulty turn signal switch.

Side Marker Bulb Replacement Mini Cooper
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz
Headlight Bulb Replacement Acura MDX
Headlight Bulb Replacement GMC Yukon
Brake Light Bulb Replacement