HAVE THE BLINKING AIR BAG THING GOING ON

1998 Nissan Maxima

youngbek318

December, 4, 2012 AT 9:17 PM

Have the blinking air bag thing going on. Wont reset. Diagnostic mode reveals code 21 which I believe is the paaenger sid air bag. I was informed from the previous owner that they had the mirror fixed on that door. Is it possible that something happened during the mirror replacement that tripped the air bag sensor in the door?

Docfixit

December, 4, 2012 AT 9:25 PM

21 not a restraint code how was code obtained?

youngbek318

December, 4, 2012 AT 9:51 PM

I say 21 as when putting the light in diagnostic mode with the door ajar switch the blinking goes from a steady blink to to 2 long and 1 short blink. I read some where that the long ones are the first digit and the short ones are the second but I also read that you just count the short ones in which case it would be code 1 Im guessing.

Docfixit

December, 5, 2012 AT 8:02 PM

Yes Code 1 pass side air bag most likely wiring fault possible short. Not sure mirror repair would have been cause but could have caused damage to satellite sensor on that side. Inspect wiring to bag look for any damage disarm air bag system use OHM meter to check wiring

youngbek318

December, 5, 2012 AT 10:14 PM

Thanks. I mentioned the mirror because they said they took the door panel off when they did it and the side air bag is in the door.