REPLACED DRIVEBELT AND NOW THERE IS A LOUD SQUEALING NOIZE ON ACCELERATION AND RIGHT TURNS

1998 Mercedes Benz C230

anisah

April, 7, 2012 AT 10:00 PM

Mechanic recommended to replace belt as it appeared old and never done. I had no noise problems prior to replacing belt. But from the moment I picked up vehicle it made a loud screeching/squealing noise when I accelerate. I called him right back and he said it cant be the belt and must be something else. I took it back and he tried my old belt again and another new belt and he claims the noise is still present. His final answer was that its relating to the a/c compressor/clutch stating clutch part doesn't turn at same time - I dont understand any of this. All I know is I had no squeak problem prior to replacing belt. Any help is appreciated. The noise is kind of embarassing.

April, 7, 2012 AT 10:12 PM

Might be the wrong type Poly V belt

anisah

April, 7, 2012 AT 11:04 PM

He used continental belt

April, 10, 2012 AT 12:59 AM

The belt is probably still loose-also it has to have the OEM part drive belt/s

anisah

April, 12, 2012 AT 11:23 AM

He told me the belt he used was OEM? What exactly is OEM? How do I make sure it is an OEM part?

anisah

April, 12, 2012 AT 11:41 AM

SO I did some research and it is an OEM part 98 - Multi Rib Belt ContiTech. Can you confirm? What should I go back and ask him to do?

April, 12, 2012 AT 8:01 PM

Go to a dealership that fixes MB's

Oil Change and Filter Replacement Ford
Brake Pad/rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement Ford
Coolant Drain and Refill