WONT START

1998 Kia Sephia

jwunderful

January, 14, 2011 AT 5:51 AM

Car was fine fixed speakers then started and shut off was just making sure the battery was not dead then I went to start it again and it turns over but no go

samtheman

January, 14, 2011 AT 6:33 AM

Well if I was you, Id go to my local auto parts store and check for a bad battery( most places do this for free).

If thats not the case get the alternator checked out as well as plugs and wires.

If this cannot help you, I advise you to see a mechanic to get the proper diagnosis.

Hope this helps!

micheal777

August, 18, 2011 AT 12:44 AM

I recently bought a 98 Kia Sephia that seems to be experiencing something similar. When trying to get the starter to turn over, it's very sluggish, like a drained battery. I took to battery in to be tested, and it checked out fine. I checked the fuses and relays under the hood (drivers side, near the dashboard), and didn't see anything blown or burnt. In my case, if I give it about an hour, chances are that it will start again. Once it has sit for a little while, I'm going to try starting it uo, and oulling the cables from the battery terminals to see if it dies. If so, it's probably the alternator (just replaced the belt yesterday). The other odd, thing is that it will with littke hesitation when jumped? I'll report back in a few.

fixitmr

October, 22, 2011 AT 8:43 AM

So how did it go?

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right