CAR WONT START

1997 Kia Sephia

urpurplebutterfly

I have a 97 Kia Sephia and it cranks but wont start.I have checked spark fuel and compression I also replaced the fuel filter and both O2 sensors and still wont start. What could be the problem?

Go to this link: http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

obxautomedic

Ok, what color is the Spark/ It should be a Bright Bluish/White, If Orange spark is weak and vehicle won't start.

Also check the inside of the Distributor Cap Corrossion on the electrodes can reduce the spark going to the plugs.

.

urpurplebutterfly

January, 4, 2011 AT 12:04 AM

If it is weak do I replace the spark plugs?

obxautomedic

January, 4, 2011 AT 12:48 AM

No, if spark is weak the possible causes are the Cap and Rotor($60 - $70), Ignition Control Module($150 - $200) or the Coil(The coil is integrated in the Distributor and you would have to replace the distributor at a cost of $500 - $800. So I would suggest taking a good look at the cap and rotor If has corrossion on electrodes you can try cleaning them off good, also clean off the tip of the rotor, put it back together and see if it starts. If it does replace the cap and rotor.

NOTE : BEFORE REMOVING WIRES FROM CAP HAVE SOME TAPE AND A MARKER TO MARK THE WIRES AS TO WHICH TERMINALS THEY GO ON.

.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test