A LOT OF VIBRATION DURING ACCELERATION AN ...

1998 Ford Expedition

Anonymous

December, 24, 2012 AT 12:02 AM

A lot of vibration during acceleration an struggling to accelerate an engine squeaking

Jacobandnickolas

December, 24, 2012 AT 12:04 AM

Is the check engine light on?

kvill

December, 29, 2012 AT 1:52 AM

Im having the same problem with my 2006 expedition. Can't seem to fix it. And my light is a constant on it only does it at certain speeds and rpm's. Bit my light does blink on and off every now and then

Jacobandnickolas

December, 29, 2012 AT 2:41 AM

If your light is flashing on and off, that sounds like you have a major misfire. Have you had the computer scanned so you can identify which cylinder is missing?

kvill

December, 29, 2012 AT 3:48 AM

Not yet it only recently started this. And now the light stays on

kvill

December, 29, 2012 AT 4:13 AM

I spoke to a mechanic friend of mine and he says it could might something wrong with injectors or injector booster, because it more along the lines of a sputter more than anything. I also checked for a misfire but nothing seems to be misfiring

Jacobandnickolas

December, 29, 2012 AT 4:27 AM

To be honest, the injectors on this vehicle are a very good product that rarely break down. Did you scan the computer yet?

kvill

December, 29, 2012 AT 4:32 AM

No. I was on my way to work when all this started happening

Jacobandnickolas

December, 29, 2012 AT 4:43 AM

Take the vehicle to a nationally recognized parts store and have them scan the computer for you. It will identify trouble codes and help us fix the problem. Most of the stores will scan it for free.

kvill

December, 29, 2012 AT 12:35 PM

The code is p0302

Jacobandnickolas

December, 30, 2012 AT 3:10 AM

That means the #2 cylinder is missing. You need to check the spark plug and the coil pack to see which is the problem. My guess is that you will need both. They are easy to replace. The coil pack is held in by one screw and then when that is off you can access the spark plug with a standard spark plug socket and an extension.

Let me know what you find of if you have any questions.

Serpentine Belt Tensioner Replacement Ford
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes
 Oil Change and Filter Replacement Subaru