AIR CONDITIONER IS NOT COOLING VERY GOOD

1998 Ford Expedition

deshawn

May, 29, 2012 AT 3:10 AM

First, I like to thank you guys for helping me out with my vehicle. With your help my vehicle is ready for the summer. BUT, I need one thing. My 98 expedition has very little AC cooling power. I brought one of the cans of AC recharger followed the instructions. I tried to use the can AC charger and it seems I am either doing it wrong or I need more cans. I would like to know if I am applying it to the right place. There is a a connection at the top of the AC line with a black screw cap. Once the cap is opened, you will see a nipple like one on a tire. I connect the charger to it, adjust the pressure for the outside temp. Then I pump. I go back to start the truck and nothing happens the sir is still semi-cool. Really it's warm air.

saturntech9

May, 29, 2012 AT 5:23 AM

Here is the problem we dont know how much was in the system before you started adding charge to it. So I cant tell you if its over or under charged. Also dont know the high and low pressure readings.

Wrenchtech

May, 29, 2012 AT 10:15 AM

[quote]I connect the charger to it, adjust the pressure for the outside temp. Then I pump[/quote]

I don't know where you got that info from. There is no correlation to static pressure and quantity of refrigerant in the system. As Saterntech9 stated, there is no way to know what the level of refrigerant is without completely recovering, vacuuming and recharging with the exact weighed amount of refrigerant.

May, 29, 2012 AT 7:14 PM

At least a pressure test of the high and low side is required to understandf if it is really undercharge or you could have excessive freon in system, which would cause the compressor to cycle on and off resulting in poor cooling.

deshawn

May, 29, 2012 AT 7:34 PM

Thank you guys for your concern. I had it looked at today and it appears I had to change the condenser. Now it is running full blast.

saturntech9

May, 29, 2012 AT 7:42 PM

Glad to hear you got it fixed thats what we like to hear.

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement